The recruitment and training journey at Fambridge Care
If you have applied for a role at Fambridge Care, you may be wondering what the recruitment and training process involves. Here we detail the step-by-step process, so you can see how we work and what we provide for our dedicated care team:
- When an application is received from a prospective new carer, a pre-interview telephone call is always conducted to discuss briefly the role and the applicants own aspirations and reasons for applying.
- A full interview is then arranged and conducted – currently via Zoom or WhatsApp due to COVID-19 restrictions.
- Once an applicant has successfully passed the interview stage and has accepted our job offer, all pre-recruitment checks are then undertaken. This will include obtaining work references for the last 10 years and the completion of an enhanced criminal record check.
- The new recruit is then invited for a full company induction. As part of the induction process, we have 10 mandatory training courses that all carers are required to complete: Moving and Handling, Medication Management, Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults, Infection Control, Food Hygiene, Health and Safety, Fire Safety, Mental Capacity Act & Deprivation of Liberty, Dementia Awareness and Basic Life Support.
- We also offer additional training to our new and existing carers relevant to the clients that they visit, and these courses can include topics such as: Catheter Care, Stoma Management, Parkinson’s, Dysphagia, Sepsis, Stroke Care, End of Life, Sensory Impairment and Learning Disability
- All new recruits to the service are put through the Care Certificate and there is the opportunity to enrol and complete QCF2 or 3 which is encouraged to aid personal development and increase the knowledge of our staff.
- Our main training is conducted via a combination of face to face and e-learning which can be completed on different devices such as laptop/tablet and phones, making learning accessible for everyone. Our induction is always face to face and undertaken on a 1:1 basis which allows us to adjust the course to each person’s learning ability and style.
- Once a carer is working with us, they are fully supported by way of regular supervisions, observations of practice and spot checks to ensure that we are able to offer the maximum support & guidance during the period that a carer is learning and becoming more confident in their role.
- Our field based staff will always be issued with uniforms equal to the number of days that they work and a name badge.
- All of our carers are provided with full PPE (gloves, aprons, face visors and hand sanitiser) and COVID tests are issued on a weekly basis.
- We require our carers to test for COVID-19 on a weekly basis and we actively encourage them to have a COVID-19 vaccine if they have not already had one.
Get in touch today to find out more
We hope that this helpful guide explains Fambridge Care’s recruitment and training journey. If you are interested in a career with Fambridge Care, please check the job vacancies page for the latest live-in care and visiting care jobs. For more information, you can contact us on 01245 356592.